2018年7月29日日曜日

The Elephant Man

I say a creature, because it was not a man or a woman, like you or me.

Hello!
Today, I want to write a review about "The Elephant Man", a level one book in the Oxford Bookworms Library series.

This is a true story. Before reading this, I thought that a man with face looked elephant made by chance using something... like magic.
But it was not.
"The Elephant" is a metaphor of a man with ugly looking.

This story starts from an encounter between a doctor named Frederick Treves and a man named Joseph Merrick. Then, Merrick's life is changing to happy.
But, I want you to read in the end of this book because I couldn't expect the scene like this!

In this book, there are some scenes that he did not treat as a man, so some people don't want to read this tragic story.
But I recommend this because I want you to know pleasure of Merrick. For example, he made a friends for the first time and shook his hand.

Thank you for reading.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿