2018年11月6日火曜日

STRANGER THAN FICTION -URBAN MYTHS-

The chicken killed her.

     This book has many short stories, so I pick up some of them. I want to introduce two stories.
     First, "No Jobs in the Cupboard". This story is about a young man named Billy. He has no jobs and he tries to look for a job. Finishing the interview and when he walked to the door to leave the room, he noticed that he made a mistake.
Second is "Dead Cold". People living in the old Soviet Union in Russia had to make a long line to buy something to eat. Especially, meat is the most difficult to get. One day, an old woman in the long line fell to the floor. What do you think the reason that it happened? I like this expression of quotation.
     This book is a level two book in the Pearson English Readers series. I read the book in this series and I felt it was easy to read. This is because the words are simple and each story is very short. Also, most stories are like real, so I think you can read as happening around us.

Thank you for reading.


STRANGER THAN FICTION -URBAN MYTHS-, PHIL HEALEY・ RICK GLANVILL,
Pearson English Readers (Penguin Readers)

1 件のコメント: