2018年6月10日日曜日

Solar Cooking

Hello.
This time, I want to write about "Solar Cooking", a book in the Footprint Reading Library series.

The simple cookers cost about five dollars, last almost two years, and work exactly like the more costly kits.

I surprised about this. I thought that solar cookers are difficult to use and they may break immediately.
A man founded "Solar Cookers International", or "SCI" for short. They want to help stop the terrible deforestation in some countries, and make women's lives easier. 
For example, in Africa.

"They have to walk about two to three miles or so to collect wood," he says. "And then they have to tend the fire. And the smoke from that fire, it burns their eyes and chokes their lungs."

In Japan, most people don't live like this. And I knew this for the first time, too. We usually don't use solar cookers, but they play an important role in some areas.

I want to cook with solar cooker!

Thank you for reading.



1 件のコメント: